Browsing: What is This Garden Plant?

Looking for the Name of a Plant

My in law has a plant that has pretty much became a bush. It is beautiful. It only blooms at night with these beautiful white flowers. On the very bottom of the plants are growing these round balls with stickies on them. Inside of these are tons of seeds. This plant gives of a lovely scent. The only thing is that we do not know the name of it. If anybody can help with the name we would greatly be appreciated.

B Helmick

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Could it be night blooming jasmine? Click on the link below to see some pictures and a description.

http://www.gardenguides.com/articles/jasmine.htm

- Susan

Maybe it's a Moon Flower?

How about taking a piece to your local nursery and ask them? They should be glad to help!

My husband owns a garden center and he thinks it may be a moon flower. However, the moon flower plant is nonhardy in all zones except 9 and 10. Do your Inlaws live in a warm climate?

Moonflower has the sticky things. There is also a moonflower that vines.

It sounds like Jasmine. Are the leaves shiny and evergreen? Your County Agricultural Extension Agent would be able to identify it correctly for you if you bring a sample to him or her.

Good luck! It sounds wonderful.

Nancy from Pennsylvania

I found out what it is. Thanks to all who tried to help. It is a moon flower. Again Thanks.

The name of this plant is Da Tura. It is also known as the Spirit plant. Go to your search engine (Google) and read about Da Tura. It is a plant that you do not want to have as it is very dangerous and was used back in the days of Mayan human sacrifices. The leaves and seed pod are a hallucinogen.

That plant, moonflower, is aka Datura. It is hearty and has a beautiful bloom and sweet fragrance, but keep the children and pets from eating it and you and the plant/bush will be fine. I have several. The round thorny pods fall and more plants spring up, but it does have an interesting history and more recently, deadly results of dummies looking for a cheap high.

Can you send a photo of the flower to me at ttinalong @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) are a feedback photo for everyone to see see we well love to see it OK .

Tina is my name .

I find thes photo of moonflower

Photo sent in by Tina...

Anybody know tha name of this night blooming flower? It blooms at night, has a pleasant fragrance and thorny pods.

PLEASE,HELP!!!!!! THE FRUITS ARE ORANGE LIKE, VERY SMALL . IT IS GORGEOUS. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, DON'T WRITE WELL. WE LIVE IN LEBANON IN THE MOUNTAINS AND THIS TREE GROWS IN MY LAND. I WANT TO KNOW IT'S NAME AND HOW I SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT.

Can you please help me to find out what's the other name of this pineapple? Thank you

This plant grows very well in my front yard. I received it from my parents. They didn't know the name of the plant. They did know that this plant was useful for curing some diseases, it acts as an antibiotic. The leaves can be eaten and the fruit tastes very sour. Maybe you can help me to find out what is this plant? Thank you.

Jimsonweed

(Datura stramonium LINN.)

Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Home and Garden Gardening Plant InfoAugust 17, 2004
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Young Boy at Daycare
Name Ideas for a Childcare Business
Choosing Baby Names
Choosing a Baby Name
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 1:24:31 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.