Dirt Stains on Rug

I have a stain on my rug from a flower pot that leaked, so the brown from the flower pot stained it. I have tried everything.

By Irene from Topeka, KS

I had the same thing happen. I have a hand held steam cleaner and it works wonders! I simply sprayed 409 on the spot then sprayed the steam on it till the spot was all gone. I had to stop a couple of times through and dab (not rub) the spot to get up the moisture, but when I got doe the spot was totally gone and the floor was completely dry in about 20 minutes.

I love my hand held steam cleaner though. I use it for all kinds of cleaning. Even used it in my car the other day and now the car looks almost brand new!

I use it all over the house though and it paid for itself (I paid about $60 for it) within the first week.

Mix equal amounts of salt and baking soda then add a bit of vinegar to make a quite stiff paste. Lay on stain and leave it to dry. Vacuum up. I removed really bad plant mud stains from an ivory carpet with this method, it took three applications to bring the carpet back to like new.