Dirt Stains on Rug

I have a stain on my rug from a flower pot that leaked, so the brown from the flower pot stained it. I have tried everything.

By Irene from Topeka, KS

I had the same thing happen. I have a hand held steam cleaner and it works wonders! I simply sprayed 409 on the spot then sprayed the steam on it till the spot was all gone. I had to stop a couple of times through and dab (not rub) the spot to get up the moisture, but when I got doe the spot was totally gone and the floor was completely dry in about 20 minutes.

I love my hand held steam cleaner though. I use it for all kinds of cleaning. Even used it in my car the other day and now the car looks almost brand new!

I use it all over the house though and it paid for itself (I paid about $60 for it) within the first week.

Mix equal amounts of salt and baking soda then add a bit of vinegar to make a quite stiff paste. Lay on stain and leave it to dry. Vacuum up. I removed really bad plant mud stains from an ivory carpet with this method, it took three applications to bring the carpet back to like new.

Cleaning Carpet
Removing Dirt Stains from Rugs and Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 5, 2010
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
shovel with dirt
Finding Free Fill Dirt for the Garden
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet