Chirping Smoke Detector System

My smoke alarm keeps beeping every 20 seconds. The battery cannot be changed for life of product. I have blown it out, but it still beeps, what more can I do?

By Rick from Wales, UK

Best Answer

You need to clean it out with a dry wash cloth then find away to change the battery or get a new one.

Is it just a smoke detector, or does it detect carbon monoxide? Our carbon monoxide detector started beeping. We knew that it wasn't detecting carbon monoxide, because it is the kind that has a speaking voice when it needs to alert us. My husband tried replacing the battery, and it made no difference. So he got a new detector; the included paperwork said that the carbon monoxide detector has a limited life span (perhaps 7 or 8 years, but I'm not certain).

It sounds like it might be time for a new detector.

Sounds like a hard wired one. We had the same problem and finally took it out and replaced it with a cheap stick up one. Works great, cost effective and no more noise. You may have to do the same.

good Luck!

Gem

I've never had any luck with the cheap smoke detectors. First place the battery is nearly impossible to put in. I just bought a new one a few months ago and had to take it down because of the chirping. I finally got a new battery in and it still chirps. Someone at the fire department told me they get dust in them. I blew the darned thing out and it still chirps. I'm going to get one of them that is a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector together that plugs into the electrical outlet.

Electric Smoke Detector
Electric Smoke Detector Won't Stop Beeping
Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairApril 25, 2011
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Troubleshooting a Smoke Detector
Troubleshooting a Smoke Detector
🎉
🎄