Removing Old Blue Painters Tape

I was painting my window frames on my house last year, and forgot to remove the blue painters tape. I have tried razors, soaking it, everything I can think of, and it will not budge. It seems to have baked on. Please, I'd appreciate any tips!

Alyssa from MO

i don't know if this would work or not. but, the 1st thing that popped into my head was wallpaper remover. good luck!

How about using a hairdryer to melt whatever glue is left? I've never tried it, but it might work!

Thanks. I'll try both. I saw a commercial on TV this weekend for the painters tape that said it will come off even after months of being on.....ha ha ha. I laughed.

The longer you leave it on, like past 12 hours, it just ripps and shreds and is very hard to get off. I have done this many times with the sun baking it on or a furnace drying it. If you do a small area at a time, (2-3 feet) you can soak it with a wet sponge and wait about two minutes and repeat soak it. It will usually come loose. Sometimes I soak it a third time. If you try to soak too much of an area, it will just dry again. Just keep it very wet for at least 3 to 4 minutes.

If you have any spots with 2 layers, peel of the first layer and soak the second layer before trying to remove it. Don't attempt to use a razor or scraper except on glass.

Tape on windows.
Cleaning Tape Off Windows
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJune 30, 2008
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops