Dye Stains in Dryer

How do you clean dye from a pair of jeans out of a dryer? My husband washed a new pair of jeans and preceded to dry them and the dye from the jeans got all over the inside of my dryer. Please help my dryer is only 2 months old.

By Cassie from Lucky, LA

Best Answer

I would think either alcohol or hair spray. I know hair spray will remove ink. What about buying the dye remover that Rit makes and use it to clean your dryer? Just a thought.

I used nail polish remover for the OUTSIDE top of the dryer, then used coarse sea salt as a scrub.

I would make bleach water and wipe it out using that.

Have you tried Easy Off?

March 24, 2010 Flag

Silly me. I've put my wet suede slippers into my dryer to dry. Now, I've got black dye stains in my dryer. I've tried Goof Off to remove the stains and it didn't work. Can you help me?

Answers:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 1, 2004 Flag

Does anyone know how to get Rit dye stain out of the dryer?
Answers:
Removing Rit Dye Stain From Dryer
Post by Nikton
Try looking in the book How to Clean Practically Anything.

Nikki

Removing Rit Dye Stain From Dryer
Vickie (Guest Post)
Bleach seems to work the best. I have dyed a lot of things, and with my newer washer, it seems to grab to the plastic agitator. I just pour in about a half a gallon and fill the washer with hot water and let it soak for about 30 minutes. Then just let it run through its cycle. Works pretty well for me, anyway.
Removing Rit Dye Stain From Dryer
alex (Guest Post)
I'm trying the "slosh around some bleach and warm water in there, then load up the dryer with old soaking wet rags and let them flop around in there for a while and hope the landlord doesn't kill you" method. I'll let you guys know if I have any revelations

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
clothes dryer
Removing Fabric Dye from Dryer
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 24, 2010
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2017 at 8:14:20 AM on 10.0.1.245 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.