Use Rocks for Recipe Card

I found this pizza slice shaped rock in the backyard and of course I couldn't resist. I brought it in, I cleaned it, and wrote a pizza crust recipe on it. I put clear tape over the top and now I have a recipe that won't blow away. It will be cute to put in a little basket with some more recipes as soon as I find more unusual rocks, such as a perfectly round one for pancakes. I didn't spray clear coat on there because it smears the Sharpie pen.

I love being creative. This is an early Christmas present for me. I will get a small basket at the dollar store and waterproof the bottom for the kitchen somehow, then keep them there.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

That's really a great idea!I love rocks & this is a neat new idea I can't wait to try-but why did you put tape on it instead of a clear-coat finish?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This is such a fun craft. I might even try writing recipes on shells.

Thanks for sharing!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I dont do crafts too well, and I had some old tape to recycle. I am not sure why but the last time I did the clear coat thing, it smeared the paint! Not sure if it was operator error or the paint I used!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I am going to do the clear coat finish when I get some later at the store! LOL

Thanks and I am going to try the shells too, maybe even write poems on rocks...LOL

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

In These Guides
Recipe Cards
Using Recipe Cards
rock painted like cat
Painting Rocks
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceJuly 13, 2010
Polished Rocks
Polishing Rocks
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
finished paperweight
Making Colorful Garden Pebble Paperweights
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 1:14:07 PM on 10.0.1.246 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.