Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Buying Strawberry Baskets in Bulk

I have been trying to find those strawberry baskets to buy in bulk. I have a huge strawberry garden and would like to start selling them next year. I need the baskets to sell them in. Anyone know where I can buy them?

Kehoespub

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Mark Thomas (Guest Post)04/28/2008

Try Pacific States Plastics, 818 890-7877, I deal with Stepahanie Miller there. They have alot of different baskets for various fruits and vegetables.

By JOHN MITCHELL02/22/2008

Hello:

Want strawberry baskets or containers?
i have them for sell.I have pint size green mesh,all new.

please email me at jdm81353@inbox.com

or goto www.partyfavors4sale.ecrater.com

thanks so much
john

RE: Buying Strawberry Baskets in Bulk

By john mitchell (Guest Post)01/19/2008

We have strawberry baskets,pint size green mesh plastic on sale on ebay ID. partyfavors4sale.

Or go here http://stores.ebay.com/A2Z-WHOLESALE-BARGAINS

By Fred Smith (Guest Post)11/21/2007

Found Molding Corp. of America (818 890-7877) great to work with. They have all types of baskets, besides the strawberry.

Highly recommended them, great price!!

By Dennis Carmedy10/25/2007

Dear Sir / Madam,

We would like to invite you to our factory so we can discuss a business relationship that will benefit your company as well as ours. Our company name is Innovative Plastic, LLC and our name is a good indication of what do here at our company. We invent and create technology that enhances the performance of injection molding. We have recently invented and patented a new technology that will allow us to double, triple and in some cases quadruple the capacity of normal production of the typical green strawberry baskets. In addition, we are in the process of designing a mold for the new clear basket with a lid that is currently being vacuum formed. This mold should be ready in the next 30 days.

We are not interested in selling our technology but we can offer you two viable solutions to replace what you are currently doing to support your supply of strawberry baskets.

A) Place orders for the season and receive delivery on a scheduled delivery date at a reduced cost or
B) We can place a machine at your facility and you can produce them yourself which will reduce transportation cost and lead time for delivery.

We are a dynamic company that is very customer sensitive. If you have an idea that you would like to discuss we are open to new ideas. I have enclosed the link to our patent for your review, if you have any questions regarding our patent please let me know.

Please contact me at your convenience so we can arrange a plant visit.

Regards,

Dennis Carmedy
Vice President

Link to Patent: http://www.google.com/patents?id=h1gUAAAAEBAJ&dq=Nicoleon+Petrou

By JOHN MITCHELL05/26/2007

HELLO:
ANYONE WANTING STRAWBERRY CONTAINERS IN GREEN MESH PINTS,I HAVE THEM FOR SELL.

MY EBAY ID: partyfavors4sale

EMAIL ADDRESS: jdm81353@inbox.com

I ALSO HAVE A CASE OF 1200 GREEN MESH PINT SIZE BASKETS FOR SELL ALSO.

THANKS

By John Howard (Guest Post)05/25/2007

Pressel Molds in Camarillo, CA, in the heart of the strawberry growing area. (805) 482-8977

By Redria (Guest Post)02/07/2006

http://www.socontainers.com/BerryPackaging.htm very good place to get the baskets also.

By (Guest Post)09/08/2005

Yes, Molding Corporation of America makes the green strawberry baskets. You can buy them by the case. Number is 818-890-7877

By brenda newton [6]10/14/2004

Find the baskets that have a snap down lid. My mom and sister have a stand at the local farmer's market and were able to buy some from the grocery wholesalers (a box of 500 for $100 Canadian)(20 cents each.) Well worth the cost. Ask the local grocery store where they buy theirs and see if they will allow you to buy a box from them if you cannot get some from the wholesalers.

Other containers that do not have a lid and are therefore open at the top can easily spill their contents if you are not careful. These clear containers with a lid look much more professional than the little green open baskets that some of the farmer's stands have. Plus the open baskets need to be put somehow into a plastic bag as you sell them so the berries won't spill for your customer, which is a pain and also time consuming when you are at the market. I have helped my mom and sister at their stand for years when we used the little green baskets and now with the clear lidded ones. Good luck.

I also have a large strawberry patch and will be selling berries next year. But, I will be picking the berries into 4 cup plastic containers and when I deliver the berries I will "dump" the berries into my customer's containers so that I can keep my containers and use them again. This is what I do when I sell my raspberries in the summer. My customers know that this is what I do, but I sell privately not at a farmer's market. Where you will be selling the berries will determine what kind of container you should or could use. Have fun next year. Fresh strawberries are wonderful!

By Anne H. (Guest Post)07/14/2004

I would go down to your local nursery and ask them. Or, go to your local farmer's market and ask one of the vendors who has them. If you have a farm supply store you could check there.