I Try To Cut Costs Wherever I Can - Categories:

Cooking From ScratchFood Tips

I Try To Cut Costs Wherever I Can

Since my grocery budget is small I try to cut costs wherever I can. We try to eat salad at lunch and dinner so I always put my veggies into the plastic bags provided by the grocery store. I always try to buy bulk meat when I can.

When I get home I put away the veggies and then cut the hamburger into one pound blocks, I put one piece into the bag and press all the air out of it, tie a knot and then add another piece, tie a knot and one more pound can fit and then tie a knot. When needed cut the bag below the knot so the rest of the bag is still intact. This has really helped with the food bill.

I also save by cooking items from scratch, such as beans. I use my pressure cooker to cook them and that saves time. I make my own tortillas too. For the same amount you pay for 10 tortillas I can make about 30. Freeze them too. Hope this helps someone.

By RoseMary

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchNovember 26, 2004
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Shampoo Bottle
Saving Money on Shampoo
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:10:19 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.