Fixing a Bad Hair Dye Job

My hair stylist messed up my hair on retouch. From blonde she went to reddish brown. To fix it, she made it either blonde or white streaks to cover it up. I want to go blonde again. Please help.

By Nelushka from FL

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

If it were me, I'd demand that my stylist refund my money or fix my hair the way I want it. If she cannot fix it, then she should refund your money so you can go to someone who can fix it. I know it's hard to confront people and especially if you've been seeing your stylist for awhile but if he or she is reputable, they will want to make sure their clients are happy and especially if it was her mistake to begin with.

Once I had a stylist "burn" my hair with a perm. I went from hair down to the middle of my butt to hair that barely brushed my shoulders and the hair I had left was like straw. It was frizzy and broke off at my scalp. Horrible! The stylist worked with me for 6 months for free with free moisturizing treatments, free shampoo and free hair cuts until my hair looked good again. She could not give me back my long hair but she worked hard to rectify her mistake.

If you cannot bring yourself to do the above, then you might ask another stylist what your options are or if you just have to wait a few weeks to have a re-do so you don't totally damage your hair.

Woman using Hair Dye
Fixing a Hair Dye Disaster
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJanuary 4, 2010
A woman dyeing her hair at home.
Removing Hair Dye from a Linoleum or Vinyl Floor
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:58:27 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.