Clean Clothes Naturally Without Chemicals
- Make a paste out of baking soda and water, apply it to the stain and let it sit for an hour before washing.
- Squeeze a lemon, make a paste of with it and baking soda. Leave it on the stain for 30 minutes before washing. (lemon juice contains citric acid; it's bleaching action works especially well)
- Adding 1 cup of vinegar to the final rinse gets out urine from baby clothes.
- Dab, don't rub. Always blot a stain before trying to remove it. Work from the edges to the center, which will keep the stain from spreading.
- For ketchup, blood, grass, fruit juice, and sweat stains: Rub distilled white vinegar right onto the stain. Let sit a few minutes before washing.
- Oil or grease (from food):; Rub on dishwashing liquid and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before washing.(if none available, dab with bread to lift up as much oil as possible)
- Grass: Use an old toothbrush to rub whitening toothpaste onto the stain. Let sit overnight, then wash.
- Blood: Make a paste of cool water and meat tenderizer (unseasoned). Apply to the stain, then let sit 15 to 30 minutes before washing.
- Ketchup: Soak a fresh stain in cool water for 10 minutes, rub in liquid detergent, then wash.
- Add a can of Coca-Cola to the wash cycle for extra greasy stains. Then wash as usual.
- Leather items can be cleaned with a mixture of distilled vinegar and linseed oil.
- Make your own dryer balls, it's easy. Just make a ball out of foil. (use it in dryer with clothes)
By LRP from LWL, MA
August 4, 20070 found this helpful
I have heard about foil balls. How do you know
when to toss the foil balls?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 11:05:55 PM on 10.0.1.165 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us