What Can I Do With Fermented Apple Cider? - Categories:

AdviceFood Tips

What Can I Do With Fermented Apple Cider?

I bought some fresh apple cider for a special occasion that didn't happen. Now I have 12 gallons of fermented apple cider. What to do with it?

Carol from Anderson, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can drink it -- it's called hard cider!

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc73.html

In a pinch (depending on how fermented - taste it) you can use in place of vinegar. It will also make a good base for a meat marinade/tenderizer. Add whatever spices you like. Small qtys, I know, but if you come up w/ some combination you like, you can 'can' it, bottle it in decorative jars and give as 'homemade', or donate to bazaars etc.

And it tastes delicious. Bubbly and cold. Yum!

Use it to water your gardenia plants...they LOVE IT!! You will be rewarded with greener foliage and many more flowers. About a cup of juice to a gallon of water. Sometimes I just pour on a 1/2 bottle and follow with the hose. I buy it on sale for 99 cents a 1/2 gal.Just for the plants.GG Vi

You can make apple cider vinegar by letting it sit longer until it's "gone over" or you can make AppleJack...

if you want to make applejack you just freeze the now "sparkling" cider for at least three days, pour the liquid into another container and throw out the frozen part. Keep doing this until it no longer freezes.

It WILL knock you loopy and the taste is interesting... My great Uncle used to make this a LOT.

Other wise, freeze it now and use it for cooking.

Sosha makes me want to go get a gallon just to try ol' Uncle's recipe! Carol, hope you have a BIG freezer and a lot of friends!LOL

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMarch 24, 2008
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
glass mug of hot apple cider
Hot Spiced Cider Recipes
Mulled Cider
Mulled Cider Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 7:09:40 PM on 10.0.0.120 in 836 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.