Sew Sheet Clips Directly to a Mattress

For my queen size bed I found that the corners of the sheets were always coming loose during the night. So I go some of these elastic things that have the clips on either end that you clip on the sheet at the corners. Well this didn't really do the trick either.

So I took and cut the clips off leaving just about 2 inches of the elastic still attached to each one. I ended up with 8 clips. Then I sewed the clip to the bottom side of the mattress, going in about 4 inches or so with each one. I put them at about the same spots where they were before I cut the clips (either side of each corner).

Now when I put the fitted sheet on I clip it to each clip. It holds the sheet in place nicely till I'm ready to wash and change sheets. No more bunched up bottom sheets!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Great idea. I have the same problem. I have also sewn one end of the clip to my fitted sheet (the bottom sheet).

I have another idea been doing this one for years. If you ever need to flip your mattress you will need those clips then on the other side so instead of sewing clips on the mattress. I do this.

I take a pair of old (wide ones) suspenders (can get them at a thrift store) and separate them into 2 pieces some times I have to cut them in the middle and sew extra elastic in them so they will fit but then after they are done just lay them on the box springs in a giant cross or X then put your sheet on and clip them to the suspenders and u can adjust the suspender to fit tighter or looser they do have the adjuster thingy on them. This works really well hubby and I are both heavy people and it works for us no more curled up sheets. Hope you like this idea.

I was just checking back and wanted to say, I really like the suspender idea. Thanks Golden7673!

I love the suspender idea also. We use cotton sateen sheets, flat and fitted and they are so comfy but do slip around alot. We rollover so many times at night, they always come off the corners. I am unable to lift the ends of the heavy pillow-top mattress so I just wait until the hubby gets home and he does it. I will now be able to make the bed easily with the suspender idea. Also, it is a good idea to have a "not so slick" mattress pad and some sheets that are heavier in thread count. Thanks for your posting.

Drawstring sheets never have this problem. The drawstring does not allow the sheet to come up or come off at all. They are tightened to any point desired for an exact fit to pretty much any mattress. The best thing is that they stay really nice and smooth for a feeling like no other sheet. It's as though the bed was just made and it continues like that until they are removed. They work great!

i could not understand these directions...

Anonymous

She sewed the clips with the elastic attached to the underside of the mattress. Then when she changed the sheets, she'd pull the clips out and clip them to the bottom sheet. Since the clips/elastic was sewed, they stayed put.