Paint Color Ideas for House with Dark Gray Carpet

By Amanda 1

I found this great house to rent with nice size rooms however, the carpet color is like a dark gray or smoke black color with white walls. I am not afraid of bold colors and I was thinking of painting the wall that has openings to the kitchen and bathroom a bold red? I am in need of some help on choosing accent wall colors to go with the carpet. I would like to keep the rooms as open as possible. Thanks in advance.

By ANH128 from Long Beach, CA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Kim Churchman 3 1,276 Flag

I would use cream color on the walls and use bold colors on the things in the room, such as a red-orange pattern on a chair or lime green curtains.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Heather Krucker 10 282 Flag

Just checking to make sure you asked the landlord if it's okay to paint the walls...then I like the previous posts ideas.

I also saw on Decorating Cents with a renter that couldn't paint the walls...they painted big canvas panels instead. Also, I've seen instead of purchasing new canvas...using an old picture found at a yard sale or thrift store and painting over it to match the room.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Betty 14 78 Flag

I just did a large room with one very bright red wall , the others a very pale gray. The floor is white and black. I painted all the walls gray first, as the red needs a gray undercoat. It is just gorgeous with many compliments.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Patricia Taylor 50 Flag

I also was going to suggest a pale gray, but in a frosted or "Pearlized" paint. I think that would be beautiful! If you can't find paint like that, I would suggest painting with the shade of gray you like, then goe over it with a pearlized glaze.

Pat T in Nevada

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 31, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:59:38 AM on 10.0.2.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings