Paint Color Ideas for House with Dark Gray Carpet - Categories:

Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Ideas for House with Dark Gray Carpet

I found this great house to rent with nice size rooms however, the carpet color is like a dark gray or smoke black color with white walls. I am not afraid of bold colors and I was thinking of painting the wall that has openings to the kitchen and bathroom a bold red? I am in need of some help on choosing accent wall colors to go with the carpet. I would like to keep the rooms as open as possible. Thanks in advance.

By ANH128 from Long Beach, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I would use cream color on the walls and use bold colors on the things in the room, such as a red-orange pattern on a chair or lime green curtains.

Just checking to make sure you asked the landlord if it's okay to paint the walls...then I like the previous posts ideas.

I also saw on Decorating Cents with a renter that couldn't paint the walls...they painted big canvas panels instead. Also, I've seen instead of purchasing new canvas...using an old picture found at a yard sale or thrift store and painting over it to match the room.

I just did a large room with one very bright red wall , the others a very pale gray. The floor is white and black. I painted all the walls gray first, as the red needs a gray undercoat. It is just gorgeous with many compliments.

I also was going to suggest a pale gray, but in a frosted or "Pearlized" paint. I think that would be beautiful! If you can't find paint like that, I would suggest painting with the shade of gray you like, then goe over it with a pearlized glaze.

Pat T in Nevada

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 31, 2009
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 8:04:59 PM on 10.0.1.249 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.