Dog Bed for a Dog That Chews

Does anyone have an idea for a dog bed pad for a dog that really likes to chew? I've been using an old quilt that I have to sew back up almost every day. I've also used old packing blankets that he just chews to shreds.

By Leese from OR

Would something like this work? http://www.colu  ted_dog_beds.htm

Kong makes a dog bed that our shepherd didn't destroy and he does everything else. Another thing is to get some carpet scraps, they are a bit heavier. If your dog is outdoors, you can try using straw. Not hay as it will get moldy.

I love the beds that Jilson posted! I've been wanting to make my dog one of those. Thanks. My dog always chewed all his bedding until I sprayed it with the ComfortZone spray. It's a pheromone which is supposed to remind them of their mother dog. I ordered it online but you can get comparable items at Petsmart.

Does he have plenty of chew toys so he won't feel the need to chew his bed? I found that the "nylabone" dog bones worked well for our dog. They are more expensive than the rawhide bones, but last much longer and are safer as they cannot be ingested like the rawhide bones. I only mention this because our dog got very sick from eating a rawhide bone. Hope this helps.

We had to keep a dachshund dog in a metal crate due to an injury. The vet said that dogs like the crates as it feels like a den to them. You could use newspaper to line it.

P.S. The cat used to like to sleep in it when there was no dog in it.

A litle more about the dog. He's a 1-1/2 year old boxer and already sleeps in a crate with his brother, a 5 year old wire-haired terrier, and his kong. They sleep on the U-Haul blanket, and we throw his sleeping blanket on top of the two of them when they go to bed. Need to, the back room is still too cold for them at night. When things heat up in the summer, we leave the top blanket off. I'm afraid to just put the quilt over the top of the crate. I don't want him to destroy the blanket they sleep on top of.

A dog in a crate
Dealing With a Dog That Chews
Pets Dogs AdviceApril 8, 2011
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2017 at 10:23:25 AM on 10.0.0.246 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.