Improving an Unfinished Stairway

I was feeling frustrated with our laundry room and stairs going down to our basement. There were pine coloured boards on the walls and the dust would really show there and it just was so yucky looking. I prayed about it and then started thinking about what paint we had stored downstairs.

Well, I found 3 gallons of white/beige and took it to a hardware store and had it tinted a sand colour. My daughters and I painted the stair way and laundry room. I then picked up some discounted wallpaper and we took off some of the boards on the stairway and put wallpaper there. It looks so nice. I was thrilled with it and it only cost us a total of 20.00.

Oh I almost forgot. We had some leftover carpet from our living room that we had been storing for years and it matched beautifully and so I prayfully tried my first attempt at installing it myself. We have had a lot of compliments on our home improvement. Best of all it did not break the budget and we were able to use things we already had. Hope you like it. Mrs Huyben and daughters.

By Francine from Granton Ontario

Wow what an improvement! Just wondering why you had to pray about it?

Hello

Thankyou! The reason I prayed was because I had no idea what I could do with the stairway and laundry room. It just seemed like an overwelming job but after I prayed the ideas came.

Beautiful! I just love the woodwork -- it looks like something in upper-end homes.

Beautiful Job! Prayer can work wonders.

Very very nice! I have just gotten motivated to do something about my similar staircase, but don't have any help, so maybe I'll table it and just enjoy your photo.

Great job. What a difference. I pray about everything too :)

WOW! what a transformation it looks awesome:)

YOU GO GIRL!! As you know ... "With God ALL things are possible!!" I'm proud of you and you did a GREAT job!

It looks lovely. You did a wonderful job. I think that

was sweet praying for ideas. I hope your are proud

of the job you did it was great.

God Bless and Happy New Year.

Mrs Huyben and daughters

Functional, warm and beautiful design. They look so nice Id like to walk up and down them a few times just because it look thats what they want.

Very nice work

Prayer is a wonderful thing, isn't it. You did a super job and I bet you don't even mind doing laundry anymore. I have a purple pen from Flylady.com that says "I'm so proud of you". Wish I could send it to you, you and your daughters deserve it.

beautiful job.....it looks wonderful. luv the wallpaper..hopefully will inspire some of us to pray and get some renovating done :0).

Hello Everyone,

Thankyou all for your encouraging comments!

Have a Happy New Year.

Mrs Huyben and daughters

I love that you prayed first. The Bible does say to present requests to God by prayer (paraphrased big time...lol Philippians 4:6).

Oops...sorry for the 2nd entry...but I forgot to say I love the way your efforts turned out. Beautiful!!!

You and your daughters did a great job with the home improvement job .

Stairway remodeled
Finishing an Unfinished Stairway
Home and Garden Home Improvement RemodelingDecember 30, 2005
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Santa Fe luminarias
Making Luminaries
smiley faces drawn on toes.
Putting Yourself in a Better Mood
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎄