Lily (Border Collie/German Shepherd Mix)

contest winner icon

Lily is 4 years young and I think she is a Border Collie/German Shepherd mix. She was the runt of the litter. I adopted her from my local shelter, or should I say she adopted me. When I went to see her and her siblings to choose one they all loved me and she hid in the corner. When it was time to go, I said "Who's coming with me?" and she followed. She likes to run, run and run and she's the best dog ever! By Becky from New Lisbon, WI

Black dog with white on chest.

Love the pic. Great to see people acknowledge that adult dogs are still way more active than their owners. They all need tons of exercise and adoption is the 100% best way to go ethically and financially.

My 17 yr old (almost 18) 75 lb true Heinz 57 still jogs with me every day, twice a day and more if he can get me to do it! :O) He also will jump over my boyfriend's younger dog with ease just to show off.

What a precious baby. I call them all babies no matter what their age is. I love it's little face. They are just like kids.

Hugs, Racer

She looks like a sweetheart. God bless you for adopting. We adopted a 6 year old black lab named Lacy just 8 months ago. We can't remember how empty our house was before she joined us and our 5 cats.

Photos Pets DogsMarch 7, 2009
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos