Dog Food Liver Cake

This is for dogs. It's a liver cake they will love.

• 2 lbs. of liver
  • 1/2 cup of corn meal
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
  • Ad
  • water

Put liver in blender till it turns to liquid. Add garlic and blend some more. Put cornmeal into mixing bowl. Put liver mixture into the cornmeal, stir. Add flour and stir. Should be pourable, add water 1 Tbsp at a time. Pour liquid mixture on a greased cookie sheet and spread. Bake at 325 degrees F for 22 minutes. Should be slightly pink in the middle when done. Let cool then cut into squares.

Source: came from a breeder friend of ours.

By Chandra from Greenwood, NS

Editor's Note: This recipe contains garlic, which can be left out at your preference. Most veterinarians recommend avoiding garlic for dogs. There is a vocal minority that supports the health benefits of garlic and recommend it in small amounts. Please consult with your vet or other pet professional regarding garlic to make your own opinion. Also note that many pets have corn allergies, so you may wish to use a substitute for the corn meal.

Does this cake sink when you bake it? I will never forget the first time I cooked liver when I was making my own pet food and I had to open every window in the house in the middle of winter. Now I cook it outside on a camp stove. Not sure how I could bake it outside. But if it doesn't smell really bad, I could deal with it.

My dogs will love this! Thanks!

I wonder, does this dry out or is it a moist treat my

Be warned - many dogs get really loose bowel motions from too much liver which can lead to blood in their movements as well.

I've made something similar. It's a good smelly treat for dogs but have heard that bulbus foods, garlic, onions etc, aren't good for dogs.

Homemade Dog Food Recipes
Homemade Dog Food Recipes
Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesFebruary 15, 2009
Beef Liver Recipes
Beef Liver Recipes
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers