Gold Rose Ornament
This charming, round Christmas ornament is fun and easy to make yourself. It comes out as a fancy golden rose ball with a traditional bow. Don't feel limited to keeping the roses gold though, you can make several of these ornaments using different colored roses too!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes without drying time
- Styrofoam ball, 2 inch
- gold fabric roses, about 40 (1/2 inch big)
- gold seed beads, about 40 (1/8 inch big or smaller)
- sheer gold ribbon, 12 inches (1/3 inch thick)
- gold wire edged burgundy ribbon, 20 inches (1 inch thick)
- Cut rose stems until they are 1 inch long.
- Take a rose and place a little glue at the end of the stem.
- Poke the stem into the Styrofoam ball.
- Repeat process, placing roses close together, until the whole ball is covered.
- Take a tiny bit of glue and dab it into the middle of a rose.
- Glue a gold, seed bead to the middle of the rose.
- Repeat process until all roses have beads and let dry.
- Fold the sheer gold ribbon in half and knot the two ends together, leaving only a tiny bit of ribbon at the edges.
- Glue the ribbon onto the top of the ornament.
- Tie burgundy ribbon into a bow with long ends.
- Glue the bow over the place where the ornament and sheer ribbon meet.
- Let dry.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
July 14, 20090 found this helpful
Very beautiful! Nice to see another person from Idaho posting! From Burley here!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 1:14:52 AM on 10.0.2.86 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us