A Source for Large Glass Jars

I am looking for a source for large glass jars to use for storage canisters. The kind that restaurants get stuff in. I have asked at a couple of fast food places but they don't use them. Does anyone know of a source? I guess they could be plastic as well, but they would need to be sturdy.

Thanks,
TC from St. Louis, MO

Maybe you could buy the big jars of pickles at Wal-Mart and save the jar. That's how we get all of our big jars. I use them to store spaghetti and macaroni. They also work good for making pickled eggs at Eastertime.

If its plastic jars you want I've bought pretzels, cheese balls and party mix in the plastics ones. They are all good for storing stuff in. I use one in my bathroom for all of my daughter's pony tail holders.

Maybe you could go to Sam's Club and find some big jars there.

I am not sure where you live, but most small restaurants have them...like little diners. I worked in a little restaurant and we got them all the time. Mayo and stuff come in them. Ours were plastic and I think gallon sizes. Check little diners and such.

Some years ago when we needed gallon jars for Kombuka Tea, a friend who cooked at the hospital got them for us. The hospital charged 50 cents each..

I get them from the Amish in my area (haven't needed to in a few years, though). If you're interested in this source email me and I'll check to see if they still have them. You're not too far from me. It's my login name at Yahoo.

I use large pickle jars. Over the years I have collected 11. I store flour, sugar and almost everything else in them. I decorate them by using acrilic paint and change them from time to time. I just use nail polish remover to remove the paint and paint again. I repaint the lid too with spray paint.

Do you know anyone who works in food service at a school, hospital, nursing home, or at a deli in a supermarket? Possibly someone in those positions could help you out.

If you can use plastic containers-durable gallon jugs-call a local Cracker Barrel and ask for them to save their salad dressing containers. They also have their chow-chow relish containers-not quite a gallon container but they are glass.

Pickle jars are fine but how do you get the pickle smell out so it doesn't taint all the food. I've bleached soaked and ran through dishwasher twice and I still can't get the smell out of the glass jar.

How do I get the smells out of spaghetti jars to use for night lights?

Consumer AdviceApril 9, 2006
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Jar
Using Glass Jars for Decoration
Reusing Glass Jars, Glass Jar on White Background
Reusing Glass Jars
🎉
🎄