Steak Grease on Polyester Blouse

I need to know how to remove steak grease on a purple polyester delicate blouse?

Bonnwildcats from Louisville, Kentucky

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Polyester can be hard to remove stains from, but I've always been lucky with pre-treating with a dish liquid that cuts grease. Just rub it in well to the stain and then wash as usual.

For sensitive fabric I have used Simple Green, learned that trick from being married to an auto mechanic or if it's a tough grease...spray engine degreaser. Spot test first.

I would put dish liquid directly on the spot. Let it sit for a while.. or rub as you see fit... Wash in the warm water Do not put the blouse in the dryer until you're sure the spot is removed...

I use Goop handcleaner on machine washable fabrics and grease nearly always comes out. I agree with the tip not to dry it until stain is completely gone.

TC in MO

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 30, 2005
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:49:43 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.