Steak Grease on Polyester Blouse

I need to know how to remove steak grease on a purple polyester delicate blouse?

Bonnwildcats from Louisville, Kentucky

Polyester can be hard to remove stains from, but I've always been lucky with pre-treating with a dish liquid that cuts grease. Just rub it in well to the stain and then wash as usual.

For sensitive fabric I have used Simple Green, learned that trick from being married to an auto mechanic or if it's a tough grease...spray engine degreaser. Spot test first.

I would put dish liquid directly on the spot. Let it sit for a while.. or rub as you see fit... Wash in the warm water Do not put the blouse in the dryer until you're sure the spot is removed...

I use Goop handcleaner on machine washable fabrics and grease nearly always comes out. I agree with the tip not to dry it until stain is completely gone.

TC in MO

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 30, 2005
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper