Give the New Jammies the Night Before

For a fun Christmas tradition, we buy new Christmas jammies for the family with matching slipper socks. I put them all into a big gift box to be opened Christmas Eve. Then we take Christmas pics around the tree in our pretty and colorful new jammies.

By Mamie from Upstate NY

Lovely idea and what could be better than the feel of opening gifts on Christmas morning with new jammies on :-) My parents always let my brother and I open one gift each on Christmas Eve to help keep us from sneaking a peek in the middle of the night and new jammies on that night would have been an even bigger bonus ;-)

I used to do this! I would wrap them up, and throw them in the fireplace when the kids were busy with Grandparents!! Than they would find them and get so excited! I did it because I remember the first year my parents had a movie camera my mom was shocked because of the way we looked! From that moment on we had to be clean and dressed before entering the room on Christmas Morning!

We had the same tradition! Except after pics we all load up in the car, in our new pj's, and look at the Christmas lights and displays. My kids still talk about how funny it was to have to stop at a convenience store for a potty break all of us in jammies and slippers! lol

We also had this tradition.They were allowed to open one gift Christmas Eve and is was always new, freshly washed, pj's :) Christmas morning pictures looked so nice and of course the picture Christmas eve with putting out the milk and cookies for Santa!

Me too! I always made my kids flannel PJs or nightgowns every year, and let them open and wear them the night before Christmas. By making them, I got a triple bonus, saved money, customized them (picked fabric and style for each child), and I got to work with that cozy, soft flannel!

December 23, 2009 Flag

To help ensure that your Christmas morning pictures look great with the kiddies, let them open one gift Christmas eve that is a pair of new pajamas or nightgown and have them wear it that night to bed. Then when they get up and rush to their gifts and the photos start being shot, they will look great and not be wearing anything that shows possible wear or fading.

By Diane from Paradise PA

Answers:

Give the New Jammies the Night Before

We did that for years till our girls were grown and it made for great photos on Christmas morning as well as a tradition they looked forward to each year. Merry Christmas to you and your family. (12/20/2005)

By Starlight

Give the New Jammies the Night Before

Our kids always got to open one gift the night before Christmas, why not let them open the P.J.'s. They are happy to open a gift adn you get a nice photo of them in new P.J.'s (06/29/2006)

By imaqt1962

Give the New Jammies the Night Before

My mom did this for me as a child and now she does it for her grandchildren. They love it. (12/09/2006)

By lbk620

Give the New Jammies the Night Before

We had the same tradition, it was the gift the night before that we were allowed to open. Mom chose the gift and it was always jammys and a new robe! (12/09/2006)

By Mommamoody

Holidays and Parties Christmas ParentingDecember 23, 2009
moonflower closeup
Growing Moonflowers
Getting a Good Night's Sleep
Getting a Good Night's Sleep
Making a Date Night Jar
Making a Date Night Jar
Young Girl with Backpack and Apple Ready for School
Preparing for School the Night Before
🎄