Locate the Bargain Bins

Most stores have reduced, marked down item bins. Always go there first when shopping early in the morning. You get the best of the bargains.

At a Supermarket, I found 2 boxes of Kleenex which had been reduced, because someone had cut the boxes with a box cutter while stocking shelves. These were marked down to 50 cents each for a total of $1. They would have cost $2.78 at $1.39 each

By Gladys H.

And depending on the store's policy, you may even be able to use a coupon on the reduced item to make it even cheaper for you. And the store actually is a little further ahead, because they get a handling fee for each coupon they send in plus, of course, the value of the coupon.

I mostly check out the deals on beef and lamb. They often mark it down if it's a day out of date, and I find really good prices. Tip: steaks and beef roasts are generally better if they've gone slightly out of date. They are most tender and flavorful just before they go bad. I seldom do this with pork or most anything else, but it works great with beef and lamb. I just watch the color of the meat and make sure the date isn't too far out. Since I can't smell, my only way of knowing if the stuff is still good is feeling it, and you can tell a lot from that. Also if I'm still not sure I cut off a little and give it to my cat. If she'll eat it, it's okay. (this does NOT work with a dog; they have antiseptic salava and can eat just about anything).

Be sure to check the marked down bins at your favorite stores, you might just hit the jackpot, on products that you can use at home or for gifts.

By Terri

Pile of Coupons
Bargain Shopping Tips
Budget & Finance ShoppingNovember 17, 2004
A woman checking out at a grocery store.
Download Store Coupons to Your Rewards Card
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Plastic Trash Bin
Uses for Plastic Trash Bins
🎉
🎄