Cleaning a Coffee Carafe

Having a clean decanter helps keep your coffee tasting delicious. This guide is about cleaning a coffee carafe.

Coffee Carafe
Filter Sort

Question: Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

By vivian bader 1

There is a bitter green tea taste in my coffee travel carafe. It makes my coffee taste bitter. How can I remove the taste?

By Vivian from New York City

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Rita Horne 6 25 Flag

Take about 1 tsp of baking soda and fill with hot water. Shake to dissolve and let it set for about 1/2 hour. Then use a bottle brush, wash and rinse. It will sparkle again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Cleaning a Burnt Coffee Carafe

By gem 154 262

Almost everyone I know has forgotten to turn off the coffee pot from time to time. We tend to think a cleanser will get the grime out but, in reality, it scratches the carafe and it will break easier.

The best way to remove those tough baked on stains is to put some ice cubes into the carafe, and slosh them around until all the burnt coffee is gone. Simple, easy, and very clever.

By Maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Coffee Smell From Thermos Carafe

The hints I received were so good on how to remove coffee stains from the lid of my thermos carafe, I now need to know how to remove the coffee smell from the thermos carafe itself. You guys are all great.

Laurie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Katie 5 27 Flag

I had that problem as well, and now I wash it out at the end of the day, fill it with hot water and let it set over night, in the AM it is good to go. It seems when it sits closed up is when that smell comes. Also, every once in awhile, just because I have a sensitive sniffer. I put some vanilla ice cream inside and let it set for a bit. When I rinse it out the smell is much better!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Coffee Stain Off Plastic Carafe Lid

By Beth 3

Anyone have any suggestions for removing coffee stains from a white plastic coffee carafe lid?

By Balber from Buffalo

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sherry 1 Flag

For years I have used baking soda to get the coffee stains off the plastic carafe lid as well as inside the carafe. Just sprinkle enough on to make it grainy, rub with your dishcloth or a wet sponge, and rinse. Not only does the baking soda scrub off the stain, it also removes the leftover coffee smell!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Clean Glass Coffee Carafe With Used Filter

By Marty Dick 167 967

I just spoke with one of my sons and he gave me a great tip. He uses an auto drip coffee maker. When he empties the carafe, he rinses the filter and uses it to scrub the inside of the glass carafe. He tells me the glass shines like new money. The filter is just abrasive enough to remove the coffee stains without harming the finish. You don't have to fool with the vinegar boil every few days or weeks depending on how often you use the pot.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Hand Wash Stained Coffee Carafe With Dishwasher Detergent

By Mary LaCaze 28 81

If you have a stained glass coffee maker carafe with the plastic top (pour spout area), resist the urge to clean it in the dishwasher. The sealant around the plastic section will soon shrink and start to leak coffee when you pour. Instead, just put in a spoon of dry dishwasher detergent and fill the carafe with water to below the plastic section. In a matter of seconds, you will see large dark flakes of 'stain' peeling off the inside of the glass. Swish with a dish brush, or pour out the water and wipe the inside with a sponge, then rinse. The glass will quickly be clear as new!

By CrafterMary from Mtn. Pine, AR

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesApril 23, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
rinsing out a coffee pot with hot water
Cleaning a Coffee Pot
Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:39:59 AM on 10.0.1.182 in 936 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings