ReceptionWeddings

Inexpensive Wedding Reception Venues in New Jersey

I am from Pittsburgh and recently moved to New Jersey with my fiance. We're getting married in August and I am not having any luck finding an affordable rental for the reception. I refuse to spend over $500, I was very included in all of my siblings' weddings and I know none of them spent a lot on the reception except for food.

We want to get married outside then head indoors for the reception! Someone please help, the one place I found is already booked for our date and the longer I go without finding one the less of a chance I will! Thank you in advance.

By Emily from NJ

I would look into renting church social rooms or the gym at your local National Guard Armory. Some churches open their social sites to non members. And just about anyone can rent from the armory. My organization uses our local armory for several yearly events for charity.

You could also try the local VFW, Elks, or American Legion. Good luck!

I'm trying to find places like nice fire halls or similar venues for a wedding reception. I would like to get the hall and DJ for $2,500.00 or less. I hope less. I am looking for a place somewhere in the Camden county area. Really anywhere in south Jersey, but nothing past Columbus, New Jersey.

By Rebecca from Barrington, NJ

My daughter will be getting married in two years. She would like an inexpensive, yet tasteful, outdoor (or indoor) wedding reception. She would like to invite whole families, so there will be many children and about 300 people. Does anyone know of any venues in NJ?

Terri from East Brunswick, NJ

Answers:

I'm getting married this year and I found it to be so difficult to find an inexpensive wedding venue that's still elegant. I was going to rent starlight dance studio in Nutley, or the women's club in Ridgewood. Both are $2,000 to rent, but I decided to go with the Grand Chalet in Wayne.

The guy there (Bill Carlson) was so nice. He made us a package for 120-150 guests for a sit-down dinner costing $35pp (no alcohol). Beautiful place too! Definitely give it a try. I told him my budget was $5,000, so for 120 people it comes up to $4,200. He can definitely customize it to fit your budget. (01/25/2009)

By Mary