Pet Birds Not Laying Eggs in Nest

I have three finches, one goulian, and two cordon blues. They all get along. One of the two blue cordons laid two eggs before I put in a nest. I put the nest up and one of the cordon blues go in and out but still no more eggs. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

By Sanmiguel08 from Kerrvile, TX

Mine did too and the eggs hatched in the bottom. Just make sure they have nesting material.

They do have nesting material, found out from a friend to give them more protein/and worms.

I had zebra finches and they did the same thing until someone told me I was putting the wrong type of nest in there. Try using a different type of nest and see if that helps. Also when I put the nesting material in, I attached it to the sides of the cage instead of putting it on the bottom. They came and picked off what they wanted and took it to the nest. Before I knew it I had eggs, and then hatchlings in there! I ended up with 7 (there were 5 eggs and all hatched) beautiful little birds!

Pets BirdsApril 27, 2009
Air Conditioner
Keeping Birds Away From Air Conditioners
blue and white budgie
Budgie Keeps Laying Eggs
beautiful red hen
Chickens Stopped Laying Eggs
Duck eggs in a nest.
Moving Duck Eggs
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 20, 2016 at 1:52:36 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 962 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.