Washing Tennis Shoes

Can you put new balance tennis shoes in the washing machine?

Barbara from Portland, Oregon

I use Westley's Bleche-Wite for whitewall/blackwall tire cleaner. It's in the auto department at Walmart's. You spray it on, come back in about 5 minutes then rinse. The tennis shoes will just about glow in the dark. My mom always asks if my 4 year old tennis shoes are new! Always! Sometimes, I WILL use a toothbrush to clean around the seams. And the shoes dry in no time. I love that stuff.

I have washed my New Balance shoes over and over, also my husbands. I have not noticed any bad

side affects.

Yes, I wash my New Balance tennis shoes in the washing machine with bleach all the time, and they hold up really well and look great!

i wash mine. if the outside of the shoe isn't too bad i take out the insoles and wash them (keeps the shoes from gettin smelly)

never ever dry in the dryer or oven.

And for a quicker way to make the runners look better, wipe them down with a Mr. Clean magic Eraser- my old runners are now quite spiffy looking

Hi, I am from South Africa and would like to know what Mr Clean Magic Eraser is. I also put my running shoes in the washing machine, but they tend to loose support on the sides. Any comments?

September 24, 2006 Flag

After washing tennis shoes in the washing machine, STUFF them tightly with balled up newspaper to aid drying. The insides of the shoes will dry perfectly in a matter of hours without any weird smells.

By Nicole Steinc

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundrySeptember 24, 2006
Old Tennis Shoes
Uses for Old Tennis Shoes
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Tennis Ball on White Background
Uses for Tennis Balls
🎉
🎄