Freeze Recipe Ingredients Together

My best tip for me is to have all the ingredients for a dish all in a bag. I freeze onion, green peppers, celery and okra in a bag along with chicken cubes. Toss in a pot with chicken broth, garlic. canned tomatoes and you have soup, serve with rice that has been frozen.

In another bag, I have chili beans, chicken stock and chili spices. Add frozen onions and green peppers and you have chili. Find a dish that you like, keep all the ingredients marked for just that along with the directions. Freeze taco meat for salad or tacos.

By Gramfive from Port Orchard, WA

I love this idea & it makes great sense! But I've read that onions don't freeze well & that you need to blanch most veggies. Does this really work well? I'd love to just chop stuff up & throw it in the freezer!

My daughter is a chef and said to saute lightly, but sometimes I am in a hurry so I just chop and freeze. Yes you are supposed to blanch things first I just get a little lazy. I also have on hand a bag of frozen sweet peppers for chili or gumbo.

Freezer Meal Dinner
Freezer Meal Dinner Recipes
Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsMarch 2, 2010
Measuring Ingredients
Measuring Ingredients
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Freezing Carrots
Freezing Carrots
🎉
🎄