Washer Fluid Spray Bottle for Ice Free Windows

Living in a very cold climate I found this to be a very useful tool for winter days. Purchase a gallon jug of the re-fill windshield washer fluid and fill a small spray bottle with the liquid. When your windshield is iced over spray beginning at the top of the windshield and work down towards the midway point.

As I recall the jug directions say that this can be harmful to paint finishes, so be careful and use sparingly. This starts a melting process and the top area will loosen up by time you get to the other side of your car.

One year I gave little bottles of it to my staff and they were rather doubtful. When the staff actually used it, they reported back that it truly works a miracle!

By Trisha from Ventura CA

February 18, 2010 Flag

When filling my windshield washer fluid for winter, I save some of the solvent and put it in an old squirt bottle. In the evening I spray my windows and mirrors, and in the morning the ice has never built up.

When warming your car up, it is great to have sprayed the outside of the windows first. It really helps the defroster clear the windows much quicker.

Source: I've used this tip for many years after owning my own repair garage.

By papa joe from Stamford, CT

Answers:

Thanks, that's interesting. (01/13/2010)

By Suntydt

Thanks. I tried it and it works great! Wish I'd learned this years ago. (01/15/2010)

By Gingembre

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes