Growing Herbs Indoors

I live in a apartment with few windows and I get morning light and that's it. It's colder, how can I grow herbs in my home?

Frazia from Hopkinsville, KY

Answers

Go to any plant nursery & buy yourself a little grow bulb. They come in either florescent or in regular bulbs for a small lamp. Put this light on to your herbs for most of the day (They can be found for under $10). You should turn the grow-light off at night when you are sleeping. I had a large florescent grow-light (about 5 feet long). I hung it above my houseplants back in the 1970's & BOY-OH-BOY did they ever grow like the wind! ...Try to find a bulb that's in the right spectrum, but if you can't find a "real" grow-light in your area, any lightbulb will do, in fact you can even buy a swirled compact florescent bulb that's called a "daylight" bulb at any store that sells lightbulbs. These are made have real daylight-like spectrum, but a real grow-light would be best if you have a plant store, hardware store or even better, a plant nursery close by.

Indoor herb garden.
Growing Herbs Indoors
Home and Garden Gardening HerbsDecember 28, 2008
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Drying and Storing Herbs
Drying Herbs
Herbs
Freezing Herbs
Growing Herbs
Growing Herbs
🎄