Growing Herbs Indoors

I live in a apartment with few windows and I get morning light and that's it. It's colder, how can I grow herbs in my home?

Frazia from Hopkinsville, KY

Answers

Go to any plant nursery & buy yourself a little grow bulb. They come in either florescent or in regular bulbs for a small lamp. Put this light on to your herbs for most of the day (They can be found for under $10). You should turn the grow-light off at night when you are sleeping. I had a large florescent grow-light (about 5 feet long). I hung it above my houseplants back in the 1970's & BOY-OH-BOY did they ever grow like the wind! ...Try to find a bulb that's in the right spectrum, but if you can't find a "real" grow-light in your area, any lightbulb will do, in fact you can even buy a swirled compact florescent bulb that's called a "daylight" bulb at any store that sells lightbulbs. These are made have real daylight-like spectrum, but a real grow-light would be best if you have a plant store, hardware store or even better, a plant nursery close by.