Cleaning Cement Board Siding

We have Hardi board siding on our home and poison ivy has climbed up the side. We have removed the plant, but I cannot seem to get the hairs used by the plant to climb off my siding. I tried Purple Power and a scrub brush. Thanks for any help.

By Jane from Morgantown, WV

I found this online,maybe it will work for you,

A You're doing the right things in the right order. An experienced painter says it's easiest to pull the vines down and let the clinging pieces dry. Then remove the bulk of them with either a hand-held wire brush or a wire wheel mounted to a drill or angle grinder. Don't worry about removing the disks that bonded the vine to the stucco because the paint will cover them just fine. Even though the ivy and other climbing plants are attractive, I'd keep them off the painted stucco.

good luck.

I am not positive if this will work in your case but spraying vinegar on just about anything, including grass, weeds, flowers, etc. usually works :-)

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 15, 2009
Stains on Cement
Removing Stains on Cement
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding