Mojo (Cat)

After Mojo was neutered, the vet said to try to keep the halo on him for about two weeks. After about 8 hours Mojo said, "I don't think so!" He turned into a crazy cat trying to rip it off. We think he might have a resentment over the ordeal. He had a little catatude going for a little while. I felt sorry for him so I relieved him from his torture device. As it turned out everything healed nicely without the much hated halo.

Mojo is great company, is very sociable and loves to play. He likes to hide on us and surprise us when we come down the stairs.

By Marylu22 from MD

Poor Mojo! His cute eyes look so pleading in this photo as if saying, "Please, please release me from this torture chamber!" ;-) Bless you for relieving him of the dreaded halo and hope his catitude fit is over now ;-)

It's hard for me to believe that vet knew anything about cats at all. Their favorite pastime is "grooming themselves", and of course, poor Mojo was unable to console his "Loss" with anything, not even grooming. I feel so sorry for what he had to go through. I can't even remember how many male and female kitties we've had neutered or spayed over the years, but to see a "halo" on a cat like this is a definite first for me.

I'm just glad that you were smart and caring enough to get the thing off him. He's a nice-looking kitty and is to be commended for putting up with us poor senseless humans. :-)

He has every right and reason to assume a "catitude".

Thanks for sharing him with us.

Pookarina

P.S.

How much did the vet charge you for the halo? I've rescued many kittens and cats in my lifetime and not a one needed a halo because of being neutered or spayed. :-(

What a beautiful kitty! Like the others, I have never heard of a cat with a halo and I have had many spayed/neutered over the years. Bless you for releasing him from that torture.

May you and Mojo have many long and happy years together.

Photos Pets CatsJune 25, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume
🎄