Keep to the Outside Aisles - Categories:

Grocery ShoppingShopping

Keep to the Outside Aisles

When shopping the grocery store, keep to the outside aisles. They put the sales on end caps. The farther you delve into the store the more money you'll spend.

By Laura

Editor's Note: This is an interesting tip. Just thinking of the layout of my local Safeway, the outer aisles contain: fruits, vegetables, dairy, eggs, meat (butcher), bread and the bulk food cereal not far off. That's a lot of what you need when you go shopping. The best sales are usually on the end of the isles. You still need to venture into those center aisles for some items but overall this is a good tip at my local grocery store. Especially if you are trying to make as much from scratch as possible.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

This tip was taken out of Atkin's book "New Diet Revolution" for staying away from processed canned foods and keeping to fresh vegetables, dairy and meat.

OH I MISS THE DAYS WHEN WE HAD A SAFEWAY HERE!! IT SEEMS SO LONG AGO. AND IT WAS. I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY TOOK IT AWAY BUT I DO KNOW IT'S NEVER BEEN THE SAME ANYMORE. CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A STORE THAT HAS BEEN OPEN HERE FOR YEARS NOW, THAT WAS ACTUALLY SELLING WIENERS THAT THEY HAD PACKAGED UP A FEW YEARS AGO FOR A QUARTER, THAT WERE GREEN AS GREEN CAN BE??? THEY ACTUALLY DID THIS!! I TRIED AND TRIED TO TALK A DRUNK OUT OF BUYING ABOUT 10 PACKS OF THESE THINGS BUT NO LUCK. THE ONLY REASON I WAS IN THERE WAS BECAUSE I WAS SHOPPING FOR MY CLIENT AND THAT'S WHERE SHE LIKED FOR ME TO SHOP.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingNovember 24, 2004
Family Reading Time
Learning Outside of School
 A woman grocery shopping.
Grocery Shopping Tips
Serving water melon outside.
Serving Snacks Outside
A pair of dirty work boots.
Keeping Dirty Shoes and Boots Outside
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 12:14:52 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.