Bookstore Shopping Trip as Gift

I have to share this idea about recycling and gift giving. It was such a unique idea, that I have added it to my list of things to do.

One Christmas, the neighbor came over with gifts for the children. She handed each of them an envelope with their name on it. Loving the idea, that it wasn't some loud, obnoxious gift used to drive parents crazy later. Very curious, the children opened the envelopes one by one. Inside was a $20 with a note. On the note, the criteria and purpose of the $20 was written. The note said the following:

1. Set a date to spend a day with me

2. We will go to a used bookstore, so you can spend all of this money

3. Afterwards is lunch and ice cream on me

4. With each book purchased, you will be able to return it for future books at any time

How great is that? One little small gift, teaches so many lessons to our future generation.

• The gift of "time" spent with people you love

• Used books are just as great as new ones

• Gift of reading and knowledge

• Ability to recycle your used book for more books

• How to manage wants and money

• The memories that will last a lifetime

I later heard that the neighbor got so much joy out of watching the children run around trying to decide what they wanted purchase. Lunch afterwards was full of conversation about what they had gotten and what they planned to do when they went back.

I just can't imagine a better way to teach children to read, reuse, and recycle!

About The Author: Shannon Henrici is a writer for an online baby clothes boutique. They specialize in the all styles of unique baby headbands, adorable baby hats, and the highest quality baby clothes. Take a look at My Baby Clothes Boutique.com/ for ideas for your little one.

That really is a great idea. The gift of time, really is the most important gift you can give.

Love the idea. I wish I lived close enough to my great-grandchildren to use it for them. We have fun together when we can, but it's never often enough.

I've gotten them all into crafts though, and buy and send them new craft books all the time along with all sorts of crafting materials and supplies. Card-Making is all the thing right now with them.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea with us.

Pookarina

What a wonderful idea just like all the best ones simple and effective. The time really is so much more valuable than the money and the kids that get to do this will never forget the experience

book with a bow
Giving Books for Christmas
Better Living Green Living AdviceSeptember 8, 2010
Blue Book With Bow
Giving Books As Gifts
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Teaching Your Children
Teaching Your Children
🎉
🎄