Training an Aggressive Miniature Pincher

I need help training a 7 year old MinPin, she is very aggressive with "her stuff. She gathers socks, slippers anything that she can grab off the floor or around a laundry bin and makes a sort of nest in the corner, if you try to retrieve your slippers she will growl and take your hand off. It's not good, she bit my mom and my sister and a neighbors kid thus far. I need to cure her of this asap.

All instances she was in a situation where some one was taking something away from her that she shouldn't have. She looks to have had a ton of puppies in her past, could that be related?

Thanks for any advice,
CAROL from DEDHAM, MA

Has your dog been spayed? When I had a min poodle she was like that until I had her fixed. She seemed to think all her toys were her "babies".

A dog who has bitten that many times is a serious threat. Consult a professional trainer before someone is seriously hurt, or you get sued.

My daughter has a cat who also was very aggressive and destructive. She was going to have to put her down but as a last ditch effort her vet put the cat on Prozac. Worked like a charm! You might want to ask your vet what you can do to help your dog. This biting cannot continue.

Try talking to the wonderful folks at the MSPCA

shelter in Dedham. (Maybe that's where she came from?) They should have experience or ideas on how to train dogs such as this, or at least have names of dog trainers in the area that they can recommend. Good luck !

How long have you had her and how long has this behavior been going on? This may sound strange and be way off base, but could she be in a "false pregnancy" mode...the nesting? I would have her checked by a vet and then definitely contact a dog training professional. Puppy behavior is pretty uncomplicated to correct, but a 7 year old dog- you need pro help here. The biting has to stop.

Sounds like maybe she thinks she's the boss around the place. Is she aggressive around food? Does she growl/snap if you try to get her off the couch/chair/etc.?

HAS SHE BEEN SPAYED? SOMETIMES THIS HELPS TO CALM THEM DOWN. FEMALES ALWAYS SEEM TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE THAN MALES.

We are on our 2nd MinPin. Both males, 1 neutered

and 1 not. Not difference in the behavior, except

maybe the one we have now is a bit calmer.

Both of ours have been rescued dogs. If that

is the case with yours, you may never know what

causes the agression. Usually love, affection,

spoiling, treats, letting them know how much they

are loved works for ours. It is hard to imagine

what some of these little dogs have been through.

IMA3

My min-pin is a female (Neece). The only time she is aggressive is when I put her harness on her to take her for a walk. She bites me while putting it on. How do I stop her from biting me?

Pets Dogs Dog BreedsMarch 26, 2006
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Miniature Crochet
Miniature Crochet Tips
Aggressive Puppy
Training an Aggressive Puppy
Akita
Akita Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄