Homemade Dog Treats for Pets with Allergies

Does any one have a recipe for dog treats for dogs with allergies, something all natural?

By Cyndi from Kenansville, FL

I don't have any recipes, but it will probably be helpful for others if you tell them what, exactly, your dog is allergic to.

This is the recipe I use:

2 Cups Flour

2 Cups Oatmeal

2 Cups Buckwheat Flour

3/4 Cup Chunky Peanut Butter

2-1/2 Cups Hot Water

2 Tbs Molasses

Mix all ingredients together. The dough will be very sticky, so I put it in the refrigerator until cool. This makes it easier to work with.

Drop by 1/2 teaspoons full onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray (if you have a larger dog, you can use a whole teaspoon full). You can place the dough close together because the treats will not rise. Flatten the dough slightly with your finger or a fork until it is the size of a regular dog treat.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. After the treats are completely cool, I only keep out as many treats as I will use in a few days as there are no preservatives in the treats and they will spoil if left out too long. The rest of the treats, I put in a zip-lock bag in the freezer and take them out as needed.

Stinky, and they love it. Cut in small pieces, freeze in small amounts you can use up in a short time. Forget this one if your dog is allergic to any of the ingredients. I don't put that much garlic in usually, and often leave the parmesan right out if I have none on hand.

Salmon Fudge

Two cans cheap salmon (do not drain)

One and a half cups whole wheat flour

One tablespoon garlic powder

Two eggs, lightly beaten

One quarter cup parmesan cheese

Mix all with electric mixer until well blended

Spread mixture into greased 9X9 cake pan

Bake covered at 350° for 20 minutes

Cool. Cut into bite size pieces. Store in fridge or freeze.

Making homemade dog food is not hard, but will take some time and effort. There are many recipes available, which include beef, chicken, rice and vegetables to name a few. You can find more information here: http://www.homemadedogfoodrecipesguide.com

Homemade Dog Treat Recipes, Rows of homemade dog biscuits cooling on a rack.
Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesApril 16, 2011
Dog standing by food dish.
Does My Dog Have Food Allergies?
Dog With Allergies
Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies
Dog With Food Allergies
Feeding a Dog With Food Allergies
homemade dog biscuits
Christmas Treats for Your Pets