Easy Beef Casserole

• 1 lb. ground beef (or chicken or tuna), uncooked
  • 1 cup Uncle Ben's Rice
  • 1 cup ground carrots
  • 1/2 ground green pepper
  • Ad
  • 1/2 lb. grated cheese
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 qt. milk
  • 1 med. onion, ground

Directions:

Mix beef, rice and veggies in a baking dish. Add milk, stirring thoroughly. Bake 2 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F. When ready to serve, heat mushroom soup and pour over top.

By Robin from Washington, Ia

August 25, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 4oz can of chopped mushrooms
  • 1 cup rice ( I sometimes use 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 mushroom soup can of water
  • 1 mushroom can of water

Directions

Brown onion and celery. Then brown ground beef. Mix all ingredients and put in large casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours. Stir half the way through. I serve with a salad and corn chips.

Source: I have cooked this for nearly forty years for my family. It is something that can be prepared and then have time for playing or homework. Now that my children are gone, it gives me time on the computer. It has always been one of my frugal recipes, but for something special, I add one can of chopped water chestnuts.

By Toebeanie from Warrensburg, Missouri

Answers:

Easy and Good Beef Casserole

I made this tonight for my kids and hubby who is on the road all the time and I have been told that I have to double it next time so they can have seconds, and he can take some to heat up later.

Chucked it together in 5 minutes and painted my bedroom while it was cooking, well some of my bedroom and they all thought that I was wonderful so I will keep our secret for ever and ever and you will be my secret painting fairy for ever and ever. Thank you so much
(10/23/2008)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes