Elephant Tea Cozy
Tea cozies are sure to keep your tea warm in the pot much longer than not having one. Plus this one is way cute! This craft would also make a great gift for tea drinkers.
- 1/2 yard of quilted fabric
- buttons (for eyes)
- sewing machine
- Fold your fabric inside out over the tea pot that you would like it to fit over.
- Using straight pins loosely pin around the shape of the tea pot, emphasizing the spout. Be sure to leave extra at the bottom so you can sew the hem.
- Slide the fabric off and use the chalk to mark the shape you will sew, then remove the pins.
- Cut the shapes of the ears out of the fabric leaving room for the hem.
- Sew a hem around the ears (If you have a serger you could also use this instead of adding a hem. Also you could put easily bendable wire into the hem of the ears if you want to play with the shape of the ears).
- Turn the fabric right side out taking note of where the chalk marks are, sew one ear on each side.
- Turn the fabric inside out and sew a hem around the bottom. Then sew around the chalk marks.
- Cut off the excess fabric being sure to leave at least 1/4 inch of fabric next to the seam.
- Turn the fabric right side out.
November 9, 20060 found this helpful
Adorable! I think it'll make a great Christmas gift. Thanks for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:19:21 AM on 10.0.2.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us