I look around the house or other peoples houses I go to and see phone charger cords, iPod cords, CD cords, xBox cords, and the such. Looks innocent enough right? Wrong! Most times people just unplug their appliances and go.
I'm writing this because I know a young lady who, when her first child was little, asked her sister to lay the baby on the bed, and turn off the box fan. She unplugged the fan from the extension cord, leaving the extension cord plugged into the wall. The baby must of had an upset tummy, because she rolled off the bed and puked right on the extension cord. She lost her baby that day, just because someone didn't think ahead, or gave it any thought of it being a safety issue.
Please pass this on to your friends - unplug anything that is plugged in when not in use, whether there are kids around or not. Get in the habit! You will never think about these dangers if a friend should come for a visit with a child in tow. It would be so easy for them to pick a cord up and put in their mouths. After all we can't be everywhere at the same time. Please pass this on to all.
By sandy2009 from Lexington, VA
Sandy, this is something I do, even though we have no small children and our dogs aren't in the habit of chewing on electrical cords. What I can't reach to unplug, in several cases, is on a surge suppressor that I can turn off. I've gotten into this habit as a money-saver, but now I have an even better reason. God bless your friend as she mourns the loss of her precious little one.
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend's precious baby! I don't know how many times I have got on to my children and my husband for unplugging something like a cell phone, Kindle etc., and leaving the charger plugged into the outlet. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. It just scares me to death.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!