Ideas for Using Light and Photos

I just discovered something about 35 mm print photos. Light goes right through them and you can see your photo on either side.

Imagine a lightbulb with a pinwheel on top, maybe several different types of photos of fireplaces, water falls, and even a covered wagons and you could have a action lamp of the 50s.

Well, not as big, but what if you could project shows off the pictures through those photos onto a plain lamp shade. It works! I wish I had a pinwheel for on top of the lightbulb. That isn't something you can easily make, at least not me!

I made a suncatcher for the morning sunny window. I cut the picture, which was a double, to size to fit in one if those little cross stitch frames.

What I cut out was blue with a few puffy clouds sky with two full leafed trees reaching for it. I tried it against the setting sun and it lit up. The funny part, the sun was coming from practically the same view as that bit of photo.

Oh well. I think this has gift possibilities for my friends and relatives. Not much cost in it, but they can enjoy the scene for many years hanging in their window.

Hey, I hope I helped someone else to even come up with more ideas.

A picture is worth how many words?

Happy idea making from Mr.Thrifty from Shermans Dale, PA

You can do the same thing with overhead transparencies. You can buy the transparencies at Walmart and print them on your home computer. They look great as suncatchers or on lampshades. They also look great on scrapbook pages. Consider personalizing the item with actual photos of the person receiving the gift!

Crafts Home DecorJune 30, 2006
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Light Switch
Repairing a Light Switch
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎉
🎄