Make Chicken Broth From Rotisserie Chickens

Because I keep kosher (organic), everything is much more expensive and I simply can't afford to waste anything. When I purchase a rotisserie chicken, I strip the meat from the bones and use the bones and non-meaty part of the chicken wings to make chicken broth for my next batch of chicken soup, some of which I freeze in ice cube trays for a quick cup-of-soup. I save the skin to add as "seasoning" in my fresh veggies and afterwords, a nice "treat" for my dogs.

By Solartea from Tallahassee, FL

I do that too! I don't know what kind of seasoning Costco uses on their chicken, but it is so good. I use the skin and bones and sometimes onions and simmer for an hour or so. It sure makes some good stock! I hate to throw anything away. I bought it, so I use it!

After reading the post about roasting the bones, I will try that next time, sounds good. Of course, roasting just about anything makes it better.

Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken. Chickens Being Roasted Rotisserie Style
Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversMay 25, 2010
Rotisserie chicken in a plastic to go box
Using a Rotisserie Chicken for Several Meals
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie Manual
Pet chicken in the backyard.
Pet Chickens Information and Photos