DogsPets

What Kind of Dog is Buddy?

We moved to the NC coast a year ago and what we did not expect was to find that Buddy came with our new home. Our new neighbors told us that this little fellow was a neighborhood stray for about a year. No one could get close to him, so we left food and water on our back deck for him. Every morning the food and water bowls would be empty and eventually we had a new member in our family.

Buddy did have a very worn tag on him and he was originally adopted from a shelter in Miami, Florida. His adoptive family did not acknowledge having Buddy. Needless to say Florida to North Carolina was a long road and we are truly blessed with this wonderful dog. He is about 4 years old and his paperwork from the shelter says Corgi mix , but we do not know what the mix part is.

When asking the vet what kind of dog do you think he is - the response was "Yours"! Any ideas?

Carol from Cedar Point, NC

From the neck down he looks like a Peke but the face belongs to something else...no idea. Maybe doxie or some sort of terrier. I like the answer your vet gave you!

From his coloring and his facial features, I would say he had some Rottweiler in him mixed with a smaller breed.

I see a Pomeranian, Peke and/or long haired Doxie mix here. The markings could come from the Doxie or the tri colored Pomeranian. What really counts is that he looks like one lucky and happy dog.

He sure looks like he's part Corgi to me!

He also looks to me like a rottweiler mix. I've attached a picture of my dog, who was Rott/Chow mix. Notice the markings are almost exactly the same

Thanks for all of your thoughts. Did I mention that Buddy weighs 45 pounds about the length of a yardstick and about the height of a ruler

HI BUDDY LOOKS LIKE HE HAS CORGI AND MAYBE POMERANIAN--HE IS CUTE!

I would even go as far to say that he looks like a collie. That hair is gorgeous and if he's that big or maybe sheltie. Whatever kind of dog he is beautiful and you are lucky to have found each other!

He looks to me like he might have some Sheltie or possibly cattle dog in him. If you GOOGLE "Dog DNA" there is a place that can tell you (for a fee) if you send them a mouth swab.

Kathy in CT

He's cute and that is all that matters! If anyone asks tell them that! Give 'im a big ole smooch from our doggie Francis!

His face resembles an Australian shepherd a bit. He is a cutie!

A cute kind! (Do you know any that aren't?)

The tail curl makes me think he has some kind of shiba or other "wolf" dog in him.

Cantate

Looks to me like he could possibly be a Corgi/Pomeranian mix?? Not sure, though.

Buddy does not like cats! He never barks unless there is a cat in the yard.

Very cute! From the look of his body and tail, he might have a little papillon in him.

Sorry I don't know either. You can see the corgi easy

enough. Thank you for giving him a wonderful home.

Definetly a Corgi mix..

He's no way ACD, Aussie Cattle Dog. NOT! It's Corgi-Pom, because of the coat and the curled tail. Too prominent of nose to be Peke, but a very Pom facial shape. The Corgi has the spoon-shaped ear, rounded, and there could be a drop of Beagle there for the folded ear. The black-and-tan pattern is Rott but his body type says Not Rott. That pattern could also have come from Dachshund. Oh what the hey, he's Purebred Huggable Hound from Heaven!

Hay your Buddy looks kinda like mine only fatter and mine is a fox terrier hope the photo will show up

What a sweet looking doggie he is and so glad he has a good home with you.