Apple and Lemons Theme Kitchen

I just moved and I would like to decorate my kitchen with the apples theme, but I like lemons too, do you think that they go good together?

Pam from GA

Sure apples and lemons would look great together.

A friend of mine has her kitchen decorated with apples and sunflowers. My kitchen is decorated with grapes,apples and birds. My walls are purple from the chair rail and the top is antique white. That's the color it stays because it's a rental. We are thinking of buying it. The color has grown on me.

Maybe you could just go with a "fruit" theme and tie them together?

I suggest that you experiment on a flat poster board or plywood until you are satisfied with the colors, which may need adjusting in tone, hue, and perhaps texture. If you're going to draw the images yourself, or if papered, I'd still not jump in and spend money until I tried it as if for real, then back off quite a bit to observe it leaning on several walls

in the places you feel it will be, especially in both

the darker as well as lightest areas, because sunlight

makes a really big difference with patterns, colors, and combinations. It make take some time, but can save you a BIG headache and BILL if you do NOT test it all together first. If you have an old piece of

paneling, that's even better. Do it one way on one side, another way on the back side. Or, divide it into

fourths, and do it four different ways until you are

perfectly happy with it. (Remember, too, that you are the one that has to live with it, so be careful not to get too many other opinions which might all be different and confusing from friends and neighbors.) Good luck and God bless you. : )

Simple rule of thumb for decorating: If YOU like it, then it goes together. Your home should be designed to make YOU happy and comfortable.

If you think apples and lemons look good together, then they do!

Before I married a few years ago, I was a single mom for several years. I found that I could save money by buying my home rather than renting one.

One day I got tired of my white kitchen cabinets and painted them a light blue. I have always loved the color blue. I never regretted it. They stayed blue for at least 10 years. When company came, sometimes someone might make a comment that they looked unusual, but everyone got used to it. I still love those blue cabinets.

So be true to you and what YOU like!

Red and yellow are fun, and cheery colors. You could use some red paint, and / or yellow paint on the walls. I can see a garland of yellow lemons across the wiindow in place of curtains, As someone previously said, if you like it, it's right! Have fun.

Sure they do. You could throw in somewhere, maybe a tablecloth or placemats or whatever, something with a general fruit design to pull it all together. Post a picture when you're done!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenJune 14, 2007
Apple Cookie Recipes
Apple Cookie Recipes
Meyers lemons in canning jars.
Canning Lemons
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
🎄