Letter Bingo

I took a blank piece of card board (free from the school I work at) or some places will give you their cardboard from packing and made bingo boards using letters (this can also be used for colors, numbers and shapes). I use a permanent marker to write on the cardboard.

Each board measured about 7 1/2 inches by 10 inches (I made it large enough for the children to handle).

I drew 9 squares in all for each board. I eliminated the free space on each board. I wrote one letter (small caps) for each square. I created about 10 to 15 boards, each one with different sequence of letters.

I purchased poker chips (fifty cents) from the thrift shop (they are large and easier for little fingers to grip).

Instead of bingo balls, I purchased an educational poster (this one was the alphabet) from the dollar store and cut the letters out. I then use them to call out the letters.

For prizes, I used raisins, nuts, crackers, and erasers, shapes made from foam, pencils, and things that I could find at the dollar store or thrift shop.

For extra added savings, create the other bingo games on the back of the same cards you used for alphabet bingo or make one half colors, the other shapes or numbers.

Total cost for me $5.00 (I already had some of the items) and I checked at a book supply store. Most of the bingo games cost $9.00 and up and that is for one game. I was able to make several 4 games for the price of one) and time. Priceless for my grandchildren and learning that will last a lifetime. To knock the cost down even further, you can make your own calling cards for shapes, letters, numbers and colors

By Georgetta from Waterloo, IA

I just LOVE this idea! ... I'm going to play "Letter Bingo" with my 5 year old granddaughter... She already knows all of her letters but I'll play the game by sounding out the sounds the letters make... This is an excellent & fun way to teach your little ones their letters, number or colors... With BINGO!

Women playing bingo.
Making Bingo Cards
Crafts Crafts For Kids EducationalDecember 5, 2008
Easter Bunny
Free Letters from the Easter Bunny
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Making Craft Projects with Scrabble Pieces
bingo balls, cards and marker
Bingo Party Ideas
lost package
Post Office Lost a Package