Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making Dumplings in the Oven

Does anyone know if there is a way to make dumplings in the oven or a way to make them other than on the top of a stew, etc.? Thanks.

By Darlene from Ontario, Canada

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Cindy [6]11/18/2009

I don't make mine in the oven, but here's how I do it. Boil a big pot of water. While the water is heating, crack 6 eggs in a bowl. Add a little salt and a little water and whisk them together. Add about 3 cups of flour or more until the batter clings to a spoon. Using the spoon, drop spoonfulls of batter into the boiling water. After you've dropped them all, stir it and let it boil (you may have to turn down the heat so it doesn't boil over). When they are all floating, they are done. It only takes a few minutes. Then drain and add butter, salt or whatever you want. Hope this helps.

By Anonymous [848]11/17/2009

You can use an oven safe pot like this with a lid for easy, moist dumplings.

RE: Making Dumplings in the Oven

By carolcoen [1]11/16/2009

I make blackberry dumplings in the crockpot and also chicken and dumplings on the stovetop. And I use canned biscuits to make both.

By Carly St.Clair [4]11/16/2009

Heat up a can of peaches and place tiny dumplins in for peaches and dumplins at breakfast or for dessert.

Yes, you can cook them in the oven, however they still need a liquid of some kind to cook in or they won't be a true dumplin, they'll be biscuits.

You can also steam dumplins with a steamer.

By kathleen williams [23]11/14/2009

Put the chicken and sauce in an oven proof pan. Heat the oven(about 350). When the chicken and sauce start to get hot, then drop in the dumplings on top of the sauce. (I use biscuit dough for my dumplings). It should take about 15 minutes to cook. Dumplings are basically biscuits that you put in a stew, so as long as they cook on top/in the sauce and don't get too crispy, you should do fine! Good luck.