Paint Thinner May Have Damaged Dry Erase Board

My dry erase board had grease marker on it. I used paint thinner to clean it off. It worked great, but now when I use my dry erase markers on the board, they won't come off with a paper towel like it should. It just smears. Did I ruin my board, can I fix this? How can I make my dry erase board back to normal?

By Michele from Columbus, OH

Michele honey, pony up the $5 and go to Walmart and get another one. It will save you alot of frustration. :-)

Next time you need to clean a dry erase board, try hairspray and paper towels.

Go to an office supply store or a teaching supply store and look for the adhesive sheets of dry erase media. You should be able to find a sheet that will cut down to the size you need. Good luck.