Cleaning a Formal Dress at Home

How do I clean a little girl's white stoned pageant dress?

By Sara

August 14, 2010 Flag

How can I clean a white pageant dress at home? It has stains on it and is laced at the bottom?

Cheryl from Glade Hill, VA

Cleaning a Formal Dress at Home

Have you tried the "Dryel" stuff made for "dryclean only" things to do at home. (03/14/2009)

By Ms_Iceangel

Cleaning a Formal Dress at Home

I have had a lot of success with a dry cleaning method which I read about in a 100 year old book. It is very good for light coloured clothes. You take some cornflour (that's what we call it in the UK, I think it's called cornstarch in the US) and rub it in and leave it. The next day you brush it out and if necessary rub more cornflour in. You keep doing this until the marks are gone.

Dry cleaning fluids are grey coloured and can make white clothes look even dirtier. Always try to avoid buying white "dry clean only" clothes. (03/14/2009)

By Julia W.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingAugust 14, 2010
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Wedding Dress
Cleaning a Wedding Dress
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows