Water Spots in a Black Toilet

Does anyone know how to clean water spots out of a black toilet? I have a beautiful black toilet and it is full of water spots that are ugly! Any advice on how to get rid of them?

Sarak from OR

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Try Bar Keeper's friend. It works wonders on porcelain. You can find near the Comet/Ajax in grocery stores. It's a gold can with blue writing. Good luck!

Jennifer CA

Best Answer

Jennifer was so right. I have had a black toilet for 12 years and our area has hard water, thus the toilet had the nasty looking white stains. Used Barkeepers Friend and with little to no elbow grease, 12 years of stain came right off. I don't know why I didnt think to use this excellent product before since I use it almost every day in the kitchen. The best thing about Barkeepers is that is won't scratch or discolor any thing. Happy cleaning and thank you Jennifer for the tip!

Oh, and forgot to mention that Barkeepers Friend is very inexpensive, usually less than most cleaning products.

Wipe with a little Lemon Oil and your stains will be gone. I use Lemon Oil on all my black appliances and sinks and have for many years.

Toilet bowl
Cleaning Toilet Bowl Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomDecember 7, 2006
A toilet being cleaned with blue water.
Cleaning Blue Stains in a Toilet
Toilet being scrubbed with a toilet brush by someone wearing pink rubber gloves
Cleaning Hard Water Stains from a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:33:23 PM on 10.0.1.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.