Browsing: Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders

Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders

I used to have the kindest neighbor who I would visit often. She always had everything decorated so nicely, and she always had candles burning. She told me that she always put a little bit of water in the bottom of the glass votive before putting her candle in to prevent the wax from sticking to glass votive and she was right!

Source: My older kind neighbor

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

This is also a good idea for fire prevention by keeping a glass candle holder from possibly breaking and spreading fire when the candle burns down to the bottom. ;-)

I do this all the time, works great.

This is a great tip! Thank you! Usually, after the candle has burnt down, I soak the votive in very hot and soapy water for about 5 minutes and the remaining wax residue slides right out!

I thank you, Beth, and everyone who as "enlightened" this wonderful tip.

November 9, 2010 Flag

Removing burned-down votive candles from holders used to be a troublesome task, but not anymore. Fill holders with a full inch of water before inserting candles - the liquid will prevent wax from adhering to the holder. When it's time to put in a new candle, the old one will pop out easily.

Source: Martha Stewart Living, Aug. 2004

By cailifouhnofthemist from Williams Lake, B.C.

Answers:

Preventing Residue in Candle Holders

I have found the easiest way to get to get a votive candle out of it's holder after it has burned down is to put it in the freezer. I don't know how long it has to stay there, maybe several hours. It can be popped out with a butter knife and it is clean as a whistle. Try it. It works nicely.

(05/21/2010)

By Linda from PA

Preventing Residue in Candle Holders

According to Rachel Ray, a little Vaseline in the bottom of the candle holder will eliminate the problem, too. (05/21/2010)

By Yanaron

May 21, 2010 Flag

I love burning candles; however, I don't like cleaning and scraping the candle residue from the holder after the candle burns up. To solve this problem, place about two to three drops of water in the bottom of the candle holder then place the candle in the holder. After the candle is burned through, the residue pops out very easily.

By Marnita from Cumming, GA

Answers:

Preventing Residue in Candle Holders

Another way to get the remaining candle residue out of a candle holder is to put it in the freezer overnight. It should pop right out.
(05/23/2006)

By nitajaye

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 9, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Man Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 18, 2016 at 3:15:46 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.