Washer Not Agitating and Spinning Completely

How do you know if it's the lid switch not working or spin filter clogged? Washer dial stops after water goes in, but is spinning some. Washer is not full of water when stopped, but enough water to not allow clothes to go into dryer. I then manually start agitation and sometimes have to do it twice to get all the water out. How do I unclog the spin filter if it's that?

By agitated from USA

I got the same problem yesterday night. My washing mashine didn't spin the water. In the morning I opened the small door on the front of the mashine, in the right down corner. It was not easy, but finally opened. After I twisted the cap and pull out a very, very stinking and disgusting black thing. Bleah!

At first I thought I finished, but after I checked inside with a flashlight, and saw, there is some more of this disgusting black stuff. I pushed inside a fork and got it out. In the same time ALL THE WATER came out to the floor. So I think the water couldnt leave, because the filter was totally full.

Now I am testing it and hope it was the only problem. I hope I could help you guys! Have a nice day!

washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersJuly 18, 2009
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clean washer drum
Cleaning Grease Out of a Washer and Dryer
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid