Washer Not Agitating and Spinning Completely

How do you know if it's the lid switch not working or spin filter clogged? Washer dial stops after water goes in, but is spinning some. Washer is not full of water when stopped, but enough water to not allow clothes to go into dryer. I then manually start agitation and sometimes have to do it twice to get all the water out. How do I unclog the spin filter if it's that?

By agitated from USA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I got the same problem yesterday night. My washing mashine didn't spin the water. In the morning I opened the small door on the front of the mashine, in the right down corner. It was not easy, but finally opened. After I twisted the cap and pull out a very, very stinking and disgusting black thing. Bleah!

At first I thought I finished, but after I checked inside with a flashlight, and saw, there is some more of this disgusting black stuff. I pushed inside a fork and got it out. In the same time ALL THE WATER came out to the floor. So I think the water couldnt leave, because the filter was totally full.

Now I am testing it and hope it was the only problem. I hope I could help you guys! Have a nice day!

washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersJuly 18, 2009
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Washer Not Spinning
Kenmore Washer Not Spinning
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:34:09 PM on 10.0.0.251 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.