Gift Wrapping Large Boxes With A Vinyl Tablecloth

I had a large (24 inches long by 12 inches wide by 12 inches high) box to wrap as a wedding gift and couldn't find any wrapping paper that large. Large white, plastic garbage bags wouldn't work either because all the writing on the box showed right through, even using 2 or 3, and I didn't want to use a black trash bag for a wedding gift!

My solution was to find a pretty but inexpensive ($2.50 at Big Lots) flannel-backed, vinyl tablecloth and wrap the box in that. I used wide grosgrain ribbon (the wired kind) and clear mailing tape. Then if the recipient wants, they can even use the tablecloth as well as the gift!

Sometimes I've just pieced wrapping paper together for larger gifts but it's kind of a pain and you have to use a lot of paper. The vinyl tablecloth is a good idea because even if the couple didn't want to use it on their kitchen table, they could use as a drop cloth or keep in their car for impromptu picnics.

Another idea is to use the larger paper tablecloths that you can get at the party stores. Those don't cost too much and I'm sure would be big enough.

A boy holding a large wrapped Christmas present.
Wrapping Large Gifts
Holidays and Parties Gifts Gift WrappingOctober 22, 2007
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
🎄